Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Kots and Carlene

Back when we were still in our thirties, camping at Molas Lake, I met my dear friends Linda and Steve Kot from Cape Cod. Linda and I were both on the same page of Prince of Tides, and we were both reading the same book to our little boys, Ribsy. Our parents had the same wedding anniversary, September 16th, and we'd both had flower girls in our wedding named Tammy.  Coincidences abounded on that camping trip.

Several times we have visited back and forth, and several times Carlene and I have been there--and they to Georgia and Texas.   When my daddy died, they drove to his funeral, all the way from Massachusetts to our sad grieving place.  When Day and Tom married, they came to the wedding in Washington.  They are like family!

Cape Cod is one of our favorite places and one of Day's and Tom's too--where they went for their honeymoon twenty years ago and where Day visited me when I was housesitting for the Kots the summer before she married.  We love Cape Cod, the beaches and grasses and lighthouses and quiet curvy streets and cranberry bogs!

Today they are at Carlene's house and I just got these pictures snapped on Carlene's porch.  I'd like to be a fly on that screen today, where words are flying and stories told and plans being made for a fall trip to see their first grandchild.

s





No comments: