Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Two Requests

Today an artist named Lila came to my house to buy a big round flowery rug I'd advertised on Next Door Alamo Heights. (I'd ordered it from Wayfair, liked it, but it was too large for the space for which it was intended.)

When she saw it on my front porch she said, "I'm not buying that rug!  I love it--but it belongs right here on this porch!"

She was right.  The rug stayed home.  It's perfect where it is.

We wound up talking for a long time and she told me about the cards she designs and sells at The Twig and other places.

Request #1: Please check out the link to her cards.  http://www.wordsonwingsbylila.com

I love to support local artists whenever possible.  These cards are unique, locally made, and fun!

Request #2:  If you have a collection of postcards collecting dust and want to clean out that particular box or drawer, I have a friend who is looking for postcards for decoration in a travel-themed wine tasting event on  May 1.

I've sent her a few of mine and suggested she check out thrift shops, but I thought I'd put her request here just in case anyone wants to contribute to her project.

Linda is an artist, a friend, and a former member of writing group.  We met on the floor of Borders ten years ago and talked until the store closed. I don't get to see her much now that she's moved to Hondo, but we keep in touch by texts.

Here's her address:

Linda Quintero
2405 Ave. E
Hondo, Tx.  78861


No comments: