Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Fibro and a New Chief's Helmet

This "fibro thing" (which is shorthand for whatever aspect of CREST I have that causes all-over body pain) stays in hiding most of the time, thank goodness.  Then suddenly and without prior announcement is comes back for a day or two or three.  Yesterday, gone.  Today, back.

I always wonder: is it something I've eaten?  Was it the sugar in blackberry cobbler? Did I forget to take Vitamin D or B or probiotics or what?  I have a chest-full of remedies: Massage and physical therapy help.  A hot bath and yoga seem to help--though today I didn't feel like doing yoga.  Sleep is the best immediate remedy of all--along with ibuprofen.

I took a long nap this afternoon so that I can lead writing group tonight.  Woke up to texted photographs of Will's new chief's helmet.  His official promotion ceremony is Thursday, and I'm so proud of him!




No comments: