Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Rabbit Holes

Decorating a room for me is like falling full-speed down a rabbit hole.  I needed Janet to advise on color and then everything in the room took on a life of its own, telling me what needs to be done to make them happy together.

(With MSNBC on in the background), I stay up late each night studying  coffee tables, chairs and rugs on Wayfair, Overstock and other sites Janet told me about.  During the day I look at fabrics and move things around, try different combinations.  This is my happy place.  One thing leads to another ad infinitum. 

For anyone looking for great deals in upholstery fabric, go to Memories By the Yard this week.  They are selling all their upholstery material for $8.95 a yard.  I bought a quarter of a yard, brought it home, and it's perfect, so I was there when the store opened to buy the whole nine yards.

Behind the store are four metal buildings filled with fabric, all on sale.  Hot airless containers--so go before the temperature reaches 101.  Mainland is a street off Bandera. Lee, my English upholsterer, does great work at European Upholstery, corner of McCollough and St. Mary's.

Other rabbit holes for decorating frenzies are ETSY (vintage and handmade everything) and Pinterest.  You look at one thing, which takes you to more.   A far cry from the day when you went to the local furniture store, the local lamp store, the local fabric store.  You can now purchase whatever you want and survey ideas from all over the world with a tap of your finger.






No comments: