Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Worry and Weight-gain

Is there a correlation between the current political chaos and weight-gain?

Okay--before I get accused of spreading fake news: I just heard on NPR (careful to say that this is anecdotal evidence, a scientific study) that many people are overeating to assuage their worry over the state of the country.  They are calling it "the Trump Ten."  Barbra Streisand and others are reporting weight gain and eating more sugar to their panic over Trump.

I was buying a donut (which I rarely do) at the exact moment I was hearing that story!

As usual, against my own better judgment, I ended my day catching up with Rachel's stories of the week regarding Trump.  Rachel is my go-to person for interviews with journalists and her analysis of what's happening.  Then I watch a snippet of Trevor Noah or John Oliver.

I woke up at four needing to get a chocolate-glazed donut.

Besides news of the world, however, I was worried about Elena.  Before bedtime, I got a text that she has a temperature of 103 and won't be able to come over today and spend the night as we'd planned.

So while I'm waiting to hear how our precious girl is feeling, I'm not going to watch anything political; I'm going to read a chapter of Sin and Syntax, a book about language and grammar, either that or a novel, something that Calgon-Take-Me-Away, will provide escape until daylight.




No comments: