Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

House

Wednesday, Elena and I spent four hours in the pool and enjoyed every splashing minute of it--thanks to Freda who invited us as her guests at the beautiful Alamo Heights pool.  Elena is a little fish like her daddy was, and it's hard to entice her out of the pool.

Thursday, however, I realized that I'd overdone it.  Joy took me to lunch at the Italian place we like on San Pedro--I was craving salmon-- and it was delicious.  I was not scintillating company.  I had chills and overwhelming fatigue and she brought me home right after lunch to sleep.  Today it's morphed into fibro aches and pains and I'm spending Friday in bed, watching "This Is Us" on Hulu, phone off, napping sign up.

Joy made me a beautiful pin of a house--the color of the casita--a favorite symbol of mine, which she knows so well.  She also brought some beautiful purple flowers that add wonderful fragrance and color to my house.



I woke up this morning to a house-related text from Linda Kot, wishing me well on this house project and including a picture of a plaque she'd seen with the words of Gaston Bachelard, The Poetics of Space: "The house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace."

Today is the kind of day one wants most when fatigue and aches visit--a place to just be quiet in, a place to daydream and rest.  Having a house is such prosperity, such peace, and--as Emerson said-- the "best ornaments of any house are the friends who frequent it."

No comments: