Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Almost 4000 miles so far

It's been a great trip, this one, but this may be last time I drive over 5000 miles in one trip unless I have a road companion who wants to share the driving.  I developed some sciatica along the last leg of the journey and the three hour drive from Franklin, North Carolina, today seemed to take all day with my leg aching.

I arrived at Carlene's today and was too tired to go out to eat, so Carlene made us ham and biscuits and grits for dinner and I've taken a pain pill and it's working.

I stopped at a gallery in Clarksville and bought Carlene a belated Mother's Day present, a necklace she loves.




Planning to stay here a few days with Carlene and rest up before heading west, I keep thinking of the stretch from here to Texas and Frost's poem that ends this way, "But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...."


No comments: