Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2019

At Carlene's House

Yesterday, Jocelyn made Cinco de Mayo lunch for us, delivered it, and it was delicious!

Yesterday, Elena was Princess Leah on a Star Wars float in the Helotes Cornyval Parade--reminding me of the year Day was in the parade as first runner up in Miss Helotes, and reminding me of the year we moved from San Antonio to Helotes on Cornyval weekend back when Bandera Road was a two-lane highway.

Yesterday, Bob told me he wants to start collecting Fiesta medals after Jocelyn brought him one home from her trip to Texas.  I gave him one Freda gave me for Elena and he loved it.

Last night, Carlene and I watched Junebug and she liked it as much as I do.  At 5:30 this morning, she said, "I want to watch it again!"--which we will do at a later date.

Today, we are meeting Bob and Jocelyn for a late lunch between here and Athens.

Tomorrow I will leave early and start driving to Virginia to see the boys play lacrosse and to poke around for a couple of days with Day in some of our favorite antique-y towns.

The best news of the trip so far is that Carlene is totally back to normal and she has a pretty new Malibu parked in her driveway!

It's raining a little this morning and her yard is abloom with flowers of every color--beautiful!


No comments: