Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Friday Night

To get far enough north to be sure not to accidentally run into that wicked 95 again, I left Lorraine's Thursday morning and drove north to Great Barrington with the idea of possibly poking around the Berkshires a bit before heading back to Virginia, then Georgia....

I was close enough to all the New England places I love to go further, but I didn't have my heart in it on that particular day, so I drove on to Hershey, Pennsylvania, then on to Day's today.

I've been concerned about Day, but a medical procedure today revealed that she is mostly okay, and she'll proceed with some dietary changes and some other changes and she'll be totally fine. When I got here tonight, she looked way less stressed and back to her perky happy self.

I debated about even coming here, wanted to let her rest, but I stopped by the wonderful Pennsylvania  Dutch Market in Hagerstown, PA, and saw cakes and pies and decided I would buy some sweets for Marcus' birthday and deliver them,.

Formerly, an old run-down mill in Hagerstown,
now a building called Murals of Unusual Sizes


So the five of us celebrated Marcus' 14th birthday on the porch, then Marcus and I walked to Verizon to get his new iPhone activated, then Tom and I went to Witch Wich to get sandwiches Marcus wanted for his birthday dinner.

It turned out to be a really good day, and the wind is back in my flagging sails.

I went to bed around nine, but woke up twice with painful cramps in my feet--probably from walking three miles in sandals?--so I've just taken a half a Unisom and hope to sleep til 8 or so, then proceed to Richmond.....

HAPPY 14th Birthday to Marcus Paul Leary!






As we were walking, Marcus would reach over and help me when the ground got rocky or hold on to my arm as we crossed the highway.

"You inherited your daddy's gentleman genes," I said.

"I try," he said.  "He's awesome.  He always drills it in my head how to act like a gentleman."







No comments: