Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday

Sunday was a rainy happy Mother's Day in Virginia--including presents and flowers and a delicious brunch at an Indian restaurant.  Day gave me a bag-full of art supplies, an art-making book,  and some beautiful black and white porcelain cups.  I overslept this morning and didn't get final hugs, but that's okay--we had a great five-day visit!

Celebrating Marcus' 14th birthday a few days early

The belle of the ball--to her mom and her son,
Daisy going to prom as Assistant Principal

News from home: Nathan got his first stripe on his yellow belt
 in karate!

Opening Mother's Day presents

Then brunch at American Tandoor


Today was a long rainy drive through Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, arriving at Lorraine's Connecticut house four hours later than GPS predicted!  I chose I95--boring boring--because Our Lady of Navigation said it was a four and a half hour trip, but Our Lady of Navigation was off by four hours.

Lorraine is not here, but she left the door open,  Reese's by my bed, and yummy soup in the fridge, so I'm going to settle in for an early night, a bubble bath, and read myself to sleep.

Tomorrow and Wednesday, we shall have adventures!

Then I will head south again, then hopefully take a passenger named Carlene back with me to Texas!

No comments: