Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2019

As Our Lady of Navigation Puts it: ARRIVED!

I don't recall ever being so exhausted!  The traffic was hairy through Houston, but otherwise, it was smooth sailing. I drove into my driveway around 5:00 and dragged about half the things in my car into my hot house.

Now that the house has cooled a little bit, I'm taking a Tramadol Carlene gave me and a half sleeping pill Pam gave me and hope to sleep til noon!

I took no pictures and had minimal interactions with people en route, but the VW ran well and safely and I traded adventure for getting here in a timely manner and sleeping tonight in my own little bed like Goldilocks, even though my locks are never mistaken for gold.

Today is my baby's birthday--and as I told him, he's always gonna be my baby even if he is a 41-year-old fire chief and daddy.

Here are a few snapshots of Will--though we haven't yet met him face to face in Photo #1:






Day and Will in Colorado

 

Will and Granddaddy Lloyd on the day he graduated from the Academy.

July 2018


No comments: