Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Saturday

Traveling west on 64 from Richmond to Lexington at dusk, the ridges of the mountains really are blue.  I drove an extra couple of hours to position myself for a slow descent on 81 and 11 so I can enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow.

I drove into Lexington under a full moon to have scallops at the Southern Inn during which meal Bob and I were texting each other back and forth about places to see here.  We both love Lexington, though we've never been here at the same time.

I spent almost of the day browsing the boutiques and paper store and camera shop in Cary Town in the arts district of Richmond and traded in my DSLR Nikon for an Olympus mirrorless camera and I'm delighted with the trade.  It's way smaller than the camera I thought I wanted before, much more compact.

This was my farewell from Day and Marcus this morning--after a short but wonderful birthday visit, after the two elder men in the family had already left for the gym.




I left there planning to bite the bullet and drive 95 to Richmond, but I couldn't take it past Fredricksburg and switched to beautiful back roads, stopping in at a tiny flea market in Bowling Green where I snapped this photo:  (Never travel more than five miles on a road whose number ends with 5!)



Meanwhile, I got this photo from home--Elena's ballet recital:


No comments: