Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A day at Medina Lake

Today I left my hermitage and ventured out into the world--driving to Medina Lake for a delicious studio day and lunch with Joy.

A lifelong painter and illustrator, Joy showed me several painting techniques that I'm anxious to try: using transfer sheets, using a proportional wheel for reducing and enlarging pictures, and making vivid red with acrylics.

During lunch I looked out on the lake and listened to relaxing music and celebrated a long-awaited September play date with my dear friend, Joy.

Fifty-plus years ago, I remember riding to Medina Lake with Frank to see this little gem of a house he'd bought--a quaint wooden house with a loft and big windows facing the lake. It was the house of my fantasies!  Since then, they have more than doubled the size and it's filled with collectibles, art, tranquility, and good memories.



No comments: