Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Humphrey

As a reward for her "excellent work habits," Elena got chosen to bet the first in the class to bring Humphrey the Hamster home for the weekend.

I was nervous.
Rodents--and anything rodent-esque like possums--give me the creeps.  But okay, it's my girl, it's her reward, I can do this.

I was all set to suggest maybe she keep Humphrey in the casita at night in his cage.  But when I picked her up after hip hop club yesterday, it turned out Humphrey--to my great relief--was a scraggly much loved STUFFED creature.

We have been charged with photographing Humphrey in all his weekend adventures, then Elena is going to write a story for homework about her weekend with Humphrey at Yenna's house.



Here's the pan dulce pan we're painting today--as Humphrey looks on

Here's Humphrey sitting atop the sea turtle Elena made of clay



No comments: