Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday

I can't find food or cooking utensils.  My kitchen is filled with paints, papers, and stencils.  So tonight as I watch yet another YouTube video, I am cleaning my kitchen.

Nellie and Art are going to take classes at the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina this fall.  I went to the website and ordered a paper catalog which arrived today, packed full of tempting classes in Appalachian arts and crafts, dancing and music, etc.  I'd love to go there at some point, but wanted to let you know about it in case it interests you, too.

Kate gave me an old vintage typewriter table that has been in her garage for years and I found another in Boerne yesterday, so one for me, one for Elena.  I'm considering having hers powder-coated in purple and leaving mine rusty.

Kate also let me try on her new shoes and they were so comfortable (walking sandals) that I had to come right home and order a pair.  They are called VIAKIX and you can buy them on their site or at Amazon.

Then Linda from Indiana--who lives on Argo and is deciding whether or not to move here permanently--invited Pam and me for a delicious lunch at her house before the two of them headed out to two art shows.

It's been a beautiful Sunday all around--good friends and slightly cooler weather and even a few drops of rain for a minute.

No comments: