Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Art Resin: FYI

https://www.artresin.com

I decided not to use the brand I had on hand, and bought Art Resin for a variety of reasons, tops of which is that it's non-toxic and is said to have very little smell.

So if you are looking to do pours, be sure to get Art Resin.  It's more expensive than the "Amazing" brand at Michaels, but I've done my research and I'm passing it on to anyone who might want to try it.

I went back this morning and asked George to fill the torch with butane (you buy this in a can at Walgreens)  and he did it.  For dust protection, he advised getting unused pizza boxes to store the objects you're pouring on, to use a level to be sure your project is, well, level, and to put little push pin feet on small objects so that if there's drip it doesn't stick to other surfaces.

Speaking of local businesses, I stopped by Off My Rocker this morning and was sad to hear that Jo is closing the shop.  Online stores have reduced her sales dramatically and the rent for her shop keeps increasing.  This is the story for so many local businesses.

For those of you who shop Off My Rocker, Jo will be having a big sale and move in mid-November.  She's very sad about leaving her work of 17 years, and the community will miss her.


No comments: