Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Mary, Maggie, and Martha

As you all know, my first go-to every morning is my Diet Coke run.  I either go to Whataburger on Austin Highway or McDonalds across from Central Market.

As you all also know, I have sweet pals at both locations, one of whom calls me "his girl" when he's on window duty.

If the line isn't too long, we chat--so I have come to look forward to my first visits of the day.

At McDonald's there is a strikingly beautiful young woman I assumed was Middle Eastern, but she and I have only exchanged warm smiles and good mornings.  I've been curious about her, but the lines are too long for conversations at McDonalds.

This morning, I did an unusual extra stop--at Shipley's Donuts across from Whataburger, suddenly overcome with an urge for a chocolate frosted donut.  The window woman was the same as the beautiful one at McDonalds.

(The line at Shipley's is non-existent at five in the morning.)

"Oh, you've moved from McDonalds!" I said.

"I've never worked there," she smiled.  "That's one of the three of us triplets.  I'm Maggie, she's Mary, and Martha works across the street at Smoothie King."

So, mystery solved, but more to come!

The triplets came here from Kenya to study music at St. Mary's.  On February 22nd, a weekend I'll have Nathan and Elena, they are doing a concert of show tunes and spirituals at a church in San Antonio!

I'll find out more details later in the day and let those of you who might want to go (with me and Nathan and Elena) at 7:00 on the 22nd.




No comments: