Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday Night

Tomorrow night's writing group will be the first to meet in this hybrid (still messy) space.  I'm jazzed about it for several reasons: the usual reason (it's an amazing group), the timed writing idea (each person brings a treasured object that happens to be round and we write about round things in turn), I made gel print covers for composition books for each of them; and I purchased a course in writing by Joyce Maynard that I'll share snippets of at tomorrow night's meeting and all future meetings--if they enjoy it as much as I am.

Actually, I didn't just purchase the one class.  Since she is teaching two classes and since there are hundreds more classes I'd like to take, I purchased a year's pass to all their classes which I can watch at any time--for less than the price of two classes.  If you're interested, check out Creativelive.com.

I'm finding that this passion, any passion for that matter, re-invigorates me for all of them.  I have so much energy when I go into that space and start making mistakes and happy successes--because I'm a learning junkie.  While making, I'm often watching (or listening) to background sound of You Tube tutorials.

One of my favorites is a Dutch woman named Birgit Koopsen.  I love her gel prints and her ideas and she really gets my juices going!  She and I have been emailing about workshops she's giving in The Netherlands this summer and I toyed with the idea of going there (and am still toying with the idea of going next summer, hopefully with Day.). But since Jackson is graduating in June and since Day can't go this summer, she and I have decided to take a November workshop from Birgit in November--in New York.

Until we see where the coronavirus is going from here, Will and his family have decided to postpone their trip to Japan for another year.

Off now to an Oscars Night party of four at Linda's house--Linda from Indiana who lives two streets over.


No comments: