Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Monday

After a weekend with two of my favorite kids on the planet, today was a shifting of gears, back to the life of a grown up person with no giggling in my house or bed....

A birthday lunch for Charlotte at Liberty Bar--with Janet and Kate and me....where the coconut custard is such that you forget everything but it while you're eating a spoonful, and where the room we chose was hot pink with red lights (Janet said that would make us all look beautiful and it did--though I forgot to take a picture to prove it).

Paying experts to detail my car instead of doing it myself at the do-it-yourself place as I usually do....

A long afternoon nap.....

A pedicure with a new person at the salon who really wants to be a singer of Vietnamese music, but whose father "hit her everyday" as a child so she would stop singing.....

Reading The Best of Us by Joyce Maynard (me crying) after finishing her earlier memoir, A Place In The World.












No comments: