Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday

A sweet day this was, capped off by a most delicious spontaneous solo meal--at Cappy's.

I got to eavesdrop on a conversation at the next table, four Democrats--all of whom will "vote for anyone who gets the blue ticket"--as will I.  Their first choice, just for the record, is Warren.

One of the women at the next table--a decade or so older than me--said, "I'm so proud of our party right now, partly because of Mayor Pete."

Cappy came over and talked to their table and then to me.  He's cancer free now and he looks great! The throat and neck cancer that he had is caused by the HPV Virus; according to his physician,  85% of us Baby Boomers have the virus in our systems.  Six of his friends have had the same cancer he had, all caused by HPV.

While HPV virus is sexually transmitted, it's also (according to his doctor) transmitted in many ways besides sex. Fortunately, young people can be vaccinated against it between the ages of 9 and 11.

When I left, he personally handed me a take-home bag of two desserts!

"You're contributing to my next five pounds," I said.

He grinned.  "Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first."


No comments: