Pages

Friday, February 14, 2020

The Art in Heart

Happy Valentines Day--or as Jan put it this morning in an email: "Happy GALentine's Day!"

I had so many plans--few of which I accomplished: making valentines for everybody I love.  I started with my family, then made journal covers for my writing group,  then made envelopes for the cards I was going to make, then transferred art supplies to my new play room, then pooped out.  My intentions were good.

Joy and I have been emailing back and forth about our journey to and through loving art.  Just after I read her story this morning, I heard a podcast with Elizabeth St. Hilaire--which I'll link below.

Delilah, the interviewer and podcaster, told about her grief in losing a son a few years ago.  She was completely numb when she saw one of Elizabeth's paper paintings.  She loved it and took a picture of it and began searching for Elizabeth's work online.  Then she said, "I began stalking you."

They are now friends, and both talk about how making art healed them after heartbreaks, how it changed their surviving children and friends, and then extended into the world.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vZGVsaWxhaA&episode=YmU0ZWI4MjItMzY1YS0xMWVhLTkxYTgtNWI1MWQzOGE2ZjU2&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwizw4H8_cnnAhUCnawKHXVDAvAQjrkEegQICxAG&ep=6&fbclid=IwAR0hYL6Pu3N1b_JHCMvKgzafxx0P0QfY-r_KDp600GBiITKJuJKQ_Xl5rEw&mc_cid=1528a0b7eb&mc_eid=de3775d945








No comments: