Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Friday Night Girls Party

While the anniversary parents had patio tacos at Sanchos, I got to have a fun evening with my girl--first casita night for us in so long.

I woke up this morning missing her and feeling a tad nostalgic, wistful, and sad about the fast passing of time.  She's grown so much she already has what feels like a teenager-y vibe,  leaving her grandmother to wonder how many more years we'll have these precious hours to play?

She loves fruit and she loves Central Market, so we went there to load up on fruit: pomegranate seeds (because they didn't have pomegranates as she wanted); watermelon, cherries, and peaches.  While driving there, I put Keb Mo on the speaker (Old Me Better) and she said, "Oh, I love that song!  You used to play that for me when I was little!"




We water-colored together, picked up two kids' barbecue chicken pizzas at California Pizza, had dinner in the casita, then watched Queer Eye on Netflix, not the current season but an episode she likes from Season 1--because we watched it "when I was little."

I love those little hands!

When she left, I gave her a Posca Pen and a new journal. "I always get what I want around here!" she said, teasingly, to me and her parents.









No comments: