Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Wednesday

Mrs. America on Hulu (episode 8)--highly recommend the entire series, one more episode to go.

I'm reading a book recommended by a friend: Why Fish Don't Exist: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Hidden Order of Life by Lulu Miller, one of the creators of Invisibilia on NPR. Her writing is excellent. For the first 100 pages, I couldn't tell where it was going--sort of a hybrid science book about a taxonomist in the 1800s with a bit of her personal story.  But by page 102, I'm unable to put it down.  Very unusual book, hard to classify, but interesting.

I will read to the end as I move into nap territory.

It's very hot today, but I masked up and went to Evergreen and bought myself a house plant.



Her name starts with a C--I'll have to go back soon and find out her name.  It looks like someone painted leaves on top of the actual leaves.

No comments: