Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday, May 17th

I spent a few minutes today with my tech guy and he helped me unlock my blog and You Tube history again.

It's feast or famine regarding phone calls and today was Feasty, starting with Kate and ending with Pam, with the longest one in the middle being Will.

Bonnie and the kids were in the car this week while Nathan began explaining reproduction to Elena and telling her that the eggs of all female mammals are there from birth.  At this point, Bonnie was getting a little nervous about where this conversation might lead.  Here is where it did lead:

"So you're telling me I once was an egg!" Elena said....."Then I must have been an upside down egg because I've always been a little....different!"

Our girl loves to be different, expressing her uniqueness in fashion choices, never wearing two socks that match.  Today it was a knee sock with eggs on it and a low-cut sock with animals.

"Did you watch Obama last night?" I asked Will--to which he responded, "No, I was too busy traumatizing my daughter."

When the family agreed on a movie, it was "Never-ending Story," a movie I watched with Betty on my 50th birthday to let you know how old it is.

"Okay," Elena asked early in the movie.  "Does the horse die?"

"No, I don't think so," Will said.

But in fact the horse did die, never mind that he came back to life again.  When his demise occurred, Elena shouted, "This is the worst movie ever! I can't believe you made me watch this terrible movie!"

Apparently, she's over her trauma today.  With double-sided tape and scraps of fabric, she made outfits for her turtles.

Today was the 15th birthday of my second-oldest grandson, Marcus.  He's a love, that boy!  He has the longest eyelashes ever and big blue eyes, making him look like a giant cherub.  He's 6'2" already, catching up fast to his big brother's 6'4".

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Marcus who plays lacrosse, saxophone, and video games....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARCUS!






October 2019


No comments: