Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Making a camping trailer

This is for my daddy.  I wish he could see this.
He would have loved to see Will and Elena welding together, and her sense of humor (like her daddy's and my daddy's) would crack him up.

He'd never have let me near a welder when I was 8 if there were welders around, didn't even want me going in the deep end of the swimming pool. But that was a different era entirely.  Girls were girls and boys were boys.

Except for that, though, this man I gave birth to 42 years ago on Tuesday is cut off the same daddy fabric as his grandfather.  His face lights up looking at his girl, tells her he loves her, prize little upside-down egg.  He pays attention to every word she says.  He calls a day like this one of the best days of his life.






These are the kinds of days living is made for.

No comments: