Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

1/6/21

My fingers are black and yellow, blue and pink, the kinds of stains it will take another couple of scrubs to get off. I have one paper cut on my index finger.  If I were a nail biter, I'd have no nails left at all!

Yesterday was my most fun and productive day ever of making things, all day, only stopping for a quick grocery run.  I am close to completion on six collages on wood, three layers sanding between each.  And I am loving making some new patterns on matte paint on the gel press, then adding stains and splashes of sprays that sink in to the matte finish, giving a look to the paper that reminds me of old walls in Venice.  I got this idea from Robyn McClendon on You Tube. 

My energy was unstoppable for one full day into the night, with election returns running in the background. I'm afraid to jinx anything, but it looks very much like Georgia did its part in making the words of Leonard Cohen's song come true: "Democracy is coming...to the USA!"

Once competent adults are back in charge, I hope not to watch political news so much--but the past four years' reality show of outrageous behavior is almost over.  

Humming "Georgia on My Mind," this is one happy day!


No comments: