Pages

Monday, January 18, 2021

Luci is good, very very good, but she does have a few little demerits on her report card: a shredded phone case, a broken strap on my pocket book, and chewed up rubber handles on my scissors.  

We went to PetCo yesterday and I bought her a substitute--a rubber chew toy Joy told me about. She likes it when it's filled with liver paste, but I haven't gotten around to refilling it yet, so she's chewing on a toothbrush I gave her.

I'm beginning Barack Obama's book, The Promised Land, today.  Kate gave it to me for Christmas and I've been saving it for inauguration week.

I also read an extraordinary novel this week: 10 Minutes and 38 Seconds by Elif Shakar.  It's my first book borrowed from Libby; I'm glad Pam finally taught me the nuts and bolts of ordering a Kindle book from the library.  It begins as a narrative inside the mind of a murdered sex worker in Istanbul and it unfolds in such amazing writing and detail that I couldn't put it down. 




No comments: