Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2021

January 2, 2021

Even in so-called normal times, I tend to have a meltdown every so often. I want to be alone; I want to have conversations.  Today was one of those days when I felt buried under the demands of the day, too many things to pay attention to, not enough time to follow through on my plans, working in the casita,  following my breadcrumb trails. 

If enough of these days happen back to back, I get frustrated with myself for not sticking to what I wanted the day to be about.  

In the interest of my mental health, I'm going to start a little retreat tomorrow morning, going to the playhouse first thing in the morning  to see where these projects are going. I got ready for it today, got gas in the car, checked things off the to-do list, and decided to leave the phone in the house and take a look at it when I've finished some projects.  

Photographs are way more interesting if there's a focal point.  Try to put everything in one frame and it's a jumble; the eye doesn't know where to land.  Days are like that, too. 


No comments: