Pages

Friday, January 8, 2021

1/8/21

My friend Janet often fosters dog from SNIPSA, and she falls in love with every one of them.  When I started talking about getting a puppy, she insisted I get a "grown ass dog," not a puppy.

So yesterday she sent me a picture of a little caramel and white dog who'd recently been transferred to SNIPSA from a shelter.  Okay, I said, I'll take a look.

I am now the adoptee of an adorable grown ass dog! She's tiny and delicate and follows me everywhere I go.  At ten pounds, she jumped right up on my bed and slept with me!

She reminds me of a fawn and curls up to sleep just like a deer does.  We think she has some Shelty in her bloodline, maybe some dachshund.  But who knows?  She's a pretty little mutt. 

She doesn't have a name yet.  We just took our first middle-of-the-night drive and she sat right on my lap the whole time.  Percy said I should name her Shiloh; Elena says Lucy; Jocelyn says Clementine.  So far, I'm trying out all suggestions and have a few names in mind myself, but she isn't clambering for a name, just a lot of affection. 

First order of business is to get a fence built so she can play outside.  I tried a leash at the pet store when we went for dog food, but she said, "I prefer not to wear that.  I'll just follow you, okay?"

She's not interested in toys so far; she's just a sleepy little lap dog, just what I needed. 

Here's what's-her-name.  




No comments: