Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Shopping with Luci

 


Today Luci and I went to the 99 cents store on West Avenue.  I needed bananas and eggs and knew Luci would not be welcome in HEB.  

She pointed out dog treats.  I bought her some jerky for doggies and she loved it.  After chewing all the jerky, she digs a hole and buries the remaining "bone" in the yard for a day in the future when she might want a bone. She's a forward-thinking puppy. 

We had a porch lunch with Aunt Kate--who's trained a lot of dogs in her time.  I'm pretty sure Kate was impressed with Luci's manners and Luci loved Kate's colorful porch and the opportunity to bark at the cat who trespassed onto the steps as we were eating chicken chili.

Later this afternoon, Jan and Luci and I took a walk.  She loves going for walks most of all, sniffing the ground, sniffing fire hydrants, sniffing trees.  She's very fond of Jan and thankful to her for introducing us to walking around the neighborhood. The world according to Luci is very fragrant and exciting. 

I could watch her for hours--and do.  Even with no dogs or kids to play with, she entertains me by running around the yard really fast, then putting on brakes and checking to make sure I'm still there appreciating her speed! 


No comments: