Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

January 4, 2021--Pandemic Time is a Trickster

Before COVID, Joy, Freda, Bonnie, and I used to take little day trips to Hill Country towns.  We'd find a nice restaurant (remember restaurants?) and we'd share a long leisurely meal and conversation, then poke around in little shops.  

Here's a photo Bonnie took of Joy and Freda and me.  We were in a yarn shop in Comfort after lunch in Comfort Commons.

Wow! I thought--we look so light and happy, so free!  We're wearing jewelry and are dressed up for a friends' day out.  Looks like I was even wearing a dab of lipstick! (Oh, how I miss those days!)

That must have been at least seven years ago, I thought.  But no--it was 2018, just two short years and one lo-o-o-n-g year ago. 

This photo reminds me of all the unexpected changes that have happened in all our lives since 2018.  Especially the last ten months!  Who of us could have imagined a pandemic and the nearly 350,000 Americans that would lose their lives to this terrible virus?






No comments: