Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

1960s Magazine--My Love Secret


Day found this magazine in an antiques store and it arrived in my box today.  "I've read it!" I told her.

Well, maybe not this actual magazine, but I read plenty of similar ones-- the kind of magazine you'd  find in the beauty shop where we got our permanents.

For 15 cents, teenagers got love and dating advice from a magazine subtitled "A Magazine for Modern Girls."  

Advice like "Teen Marriage: Is it the answer for staying out of trouble?"

And "heartbreaking" stories like "I had to marry the wrong Boy!"

And haunting questions after a "necking party": "Will I ever be a nice girl again?"

The cover tells it all, but I am going to read it cover to cover and savor all the juicy details.  I'll share as I go along.  Hold your noses!


No comments: