Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

Healing and Love


“I think that modern medicine has become like a prophet offering a life free of pain. It is nonsense. The only thing I know that truly heals people is unconditional love.”

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

These words from a well-known physician: the only thing that truly heals is unconditional love.

That says it all, I think, but I could write a lot about this subject, and probably will another day.

But for now, I need to vacuum up MoJo fur and clean the house and go to the bank and....well, all the things one does after a two-week vacation.

Mike is in Birmingham helping his friend Jean--who has vertigo so badly she's bruised from falling.  He left last night at 8 and drove all  night to help her get to a doctor's appointment.

It was sad watching these two guys drive away, but I'll see them soon when I fly to Georgia for Carlene's 91st birthday on August 24th.


No comments: