Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

It's genetic!

When Will and family were here on Sunday for lunch, he said, "Elena is just like you.  She was lying in bed the other night looking at things on her wall in her room and said, 'Let's move these things from this wall to that wall.  They will look better there.'"

I'm often teased about my love of moving things around in my house all the time when "everything was good the way it was," but that's my hobby, I guess, my creative expression, my joy.

Looks like Elena got the bug from me!  We all care differently about our spaces--what goes where, what colors, how large the lamps, etc.  When my house is in disorder (as it is right now having sold a sofa and not replaced it yet), I lie awake at night moving things around.  It's a good thing I have a small canvas, not one even a foot larger!

Speaking of houses:

Janet O. recommended a book that looks really good that I'm going to see if the library has: A Manual for Cleaning Women--short stories by the late Lucia Berlin.

No comments: