Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Gratitude

One day last week, Sebastien, my little neighbor, came up and said, "Hey, Linda!  I'm eight today!"

On that particular day, Mike and I were too flattened by the heat to go shopping, so we delivered a card with money in it.

The next day we received this card, picturing Mojo, Sebastien and his brother Makken (who's four).  Makken is delighted that his brother drew him upside down jumping on the trampoline with Sebastien and Mojo.


These little brothers wake up happy every single day, their mother and grandmother just told me as we were standing in the yard talking.

It is rare and beautiful to get a hand-written and illustrated thank you note from a child. I treasure this note and it's taken up permanent residence on my refrigerator.


No comments: