Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Tomas and the Linkin Bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwt3om9iQKc

Tomas is my new hair guy--friend and twenty-year-hair-guy to Cindy.  Yesterday, I  had my day all planned out,  groceries,  kombucha, cleaning the house and casita for Mike's arrival last night and Barbel's later today.  I had reserved 30 minutes for a hair cut that turned into an hour and a half.

Tomas is not your regular stylist, however.  He has a Buddhist heart and he likes to take his time, enjoying every moment, like Mike does.  I like men like that.

At one point, I was annoyed that he was taking his time, but into the second hour, I realized this is fine, this is good.  He stopped cutting several times to show me performers he liked on America's Got Talent.  "I want you to leave happy," he said, putting his scissors down each time.

I'm a clock woman on a busy day, checking things off my list.  When I got stuck in traffic, I realized I'd be five minutes late, so I called him.  This was before I knew it didn't matter.

He loves to talk and he's a good listener, too. Like Mike.

Linkin Bridge is an accapelo group of four amazing singers who, at first glance, look like gangsters, but they brought the house down with their music. Their longtime friendship with each other shone through the music, as did their shared dream of "changing the world" with music.

In light of the recent deaths of young black men--in neighborhoods like theirs--it was particularly poignant to watch them.  When I showed Mike the video this morning, he said, "Let's invite Tomas out to dinner.  I'm going to like him."


No comments: