Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Me and My Girl

Watching Gilmore Girls reminds me of being a daughter and being a mom.  So while I'm watching it, I cry a little and laugh a lot and wish I'd been such a cool mom--even though Gilmore Mom is clearly made up to make everyone feel like that.

It's all totally unrealistic--girl gets pregnant at 15, gives birth to her baby girl who turns out to be her best friend, and winds up the well-enough-to-do manager of a swanky inn in Connecticut, single and happy.

My daughter is older than the mom in the series.  I'm missing her.  While watching GG, I get a series of texts from her, one of which is to check out this site:

https://www.ayoungmansfollies.com which I do and it's really interesting, a series of letters and photographs someone found in a trunk at an estate sale.

                                          Then she sends me a picture, labeled LUNCH:


Followed by a text that reads: Picture of My Day


Followed by a text that says: 
"Take a picture of something near you"

So I send the following:



Then she says, "Now it feels like we are together."

And I get all teary.

From my movie-in-bed, I send her a picture of my lunch:


Then she sends one final picture, along with a note that says 
"It is pouring here now for the rest of the day."



No comments: