Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A day at the park--and more



Today I went out to Raymond Russell Park--the park where Daisy had her seventh birthday party.  Carlene recalls that as the day she met you, Joy--and yet, it's hard to imagine that you haven't always known each other.

Today was a joyful day--playing with Will and Elena at the park, then picking up Nathan from second grade:

Once, Will told me that Elena's "default emotion is joy."
It's true--this child is the essence of joy!

And it's contagious.  She wants me to slide; I slide! 

Precious Nathan had an "All Star" day today--
didn't get in trouble, not once.  When I took this picture, we were almost home.
He was telling us that his only homework was to find out the names of the
mayor of Helotes and the mayor of San Antonio.
"My parents are just supposed to tell me," he said to Will, "And we only have to look it up
if they don't know.  So do you know or not?"  

"Just a little more higher, Yenna!" 






No comments: