Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Check out these websites

They Draw And Cook.  (theydrawandcook.com)

They Draw and Travel. (theydrawandtravel.com)

I'm so enjoying the second viewing of my first class of Sketchbook Skool--a lesson in which the teacher combines her love of food and her love of art-making.

My homework (which I've not started yet) is to "tell a story" about how I do something, step by step, in visual language.

Since this is all so new to me, I'm taking a break and looking at the websites mentioned by the teacher.

They Draw and Cook is a site by foodies who draw--and you'll love reading recipes in words and pictures, like these:




They Draw and Travel is a site of creative maps drawn by people all over the world--and the fanciful mapmaking is wonderful to see.

Since I most recently traveled to Chicago, I chose a "map" of Chicago to share with you:



 I could just go on and on being inspired and intimidated by these colorful pages, or I could....(gulp!)....buckle down and do my homework!



No comments: