Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

"Show Me How Big Your Brave Is"

Last night at salon, someone told me it was a brave thing to learn to draw--especially to post my rookie drawings on a site with such good, strong ones.

It's funny--I don't feel particularly brave, but I do feel a tad vulnerable, showing my first efforts in a domain I know so little about.  The really good drawings, paintings, and illustrations are both inspiring and intimidating.

Monday, Pam Bryant--in our shared McNay painting day--was wiping paint from her fingers and said, "Having paint on your fingers is like having a smear of somebody's lipstick on your face.  It means somebody loves you."

This morning, she sent me this:



Listen to Sara Bareilles's "Brave" on You Tube for inspiration--if you need any!

No comments: