Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Nathan's Early Birthday

This little fourth grader is really something!  When I picked him up from school at 11:30, he ran to me with a great big hug.

Nathan is not as exuberant as his little sister; he's mellower and more measured in what he has to say. Though he has made all A's in fourth grade so far and won the math trophy, he says he doesn't like school; it's boring.

What this boy likes is building things.  We went to Bricks and Minifigs and he chose two Star War Lego sets, then we went to Build a Bear where he continued the Star Wars theme.  When given choices of what to do (movie or museum or zoo), he chose to come to my house and make Legos together--which we did until 7:00.

He's very intent when building, so I asked him if he'd like a little music, maybe the Beatles?

"What are the Beatles?" he asked.

So I played about twenty songs and he loved them!  While I was making nachos, he was listening to the music and said, "Hey, Yenna!  Today is a day I will always remember!"

He will be ten on Thursday.

At Bricks with his money from Nana and me.
"This store is like a paradise to me," he said.

Here he is at Build A Bear putting his mojo on the
hearts for his bears. 


Both sets assembled!  Here he is showing off one of them.

When Sebastien and Makken came over to wish him a happy birthday (and bring two pieces of birthday cake), they played Star Wars games until it was time to drive him home to Helotes, Nathan singing "We can work it out."

"I like Beatles songs because they can help you out in real life," he said.  "Like how we can work out everything."

No comments: