Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2019

An Art Day Saturday

        Today, Pam introduced me to another Linda--her new friend and my new neighbor--from Indiana.  We went to the On and Off Fredricksburg exhibits by textile artists, jewelry-makers, painters, and even one woman whose art is making beautiful arrangements of succulents in vintage containers.

       What a wonderful day it was to immerse ourselves in the works of local celebrators of creativity!

       We visited Alison's studio, then drove to Jane Dunnewold's studio on Woodlawn.  Pam and I both bought a wrap from Jane Bishop, the fiber artist who made a pair of chairs I enjoy every day in my living room.  Pam's friend Bill and her grandson Ben joined us, and we all went to lunch at Lisa's Mexican Cafe on Bandera Road.



       I stopped on the way, at Woodlawn Lake, to take a picture of this fine feathered family:



   








No comments: