Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Wednesday

"Well, it's  been a quiet week in Lake Wobegone...."

Which is exactly what I wanted....

Dog circling as I do, re-building my nest of a house even as I enjoy being in it messy, I've organized my crafts and arts supply right up to Marie Kondo's standards.  I got my sewing machine fixed yesterday at Jo Ann's--which was, more accurately, getting myself fixed.  (I'd had it for over a year and not used it because I couldn't figure out how to thread it.). "We usually don't work with SOBs like this," Marsha said, the sewing person at Jo Ann's.  (Some Other Brands).  But she did, and in five minutes I was fixed and ready to sew.

Now the little Brother is humming along and all the pins and threads and bobbins property stored in the sewing box,  Black markers are in the black marker box, watercolor paints and pencils are in the watercolor box, all the various glues are in the Sticky Stuff box, etc.  I labeled them last night while watching Mike make art journal pages.

While watching I learned many things, these being the top three for the day:

1. If you don't want your pages to stick together, coat them with chap stick or dry wax candles, or better still--clear gesso.

2. You can get beautiful textures on your pages with something called Texture Paste.

3. You need to wear gloves if you use Distress Spray.

Now I'm off to Elfa to pick up some shelves to hold said boxes in the closet.  (I'm driving to La Grange tomorrow to see Beverly and the yard man is going to screw in the hardware to hang the shelves on Saturday).

Let's see if all this circling dog-style leads to some actual play on pages after all the supplies are in place.

Speaking of dogs, I've decided to put aside getting a puppy, for now.  Maybe next year.


No comments: