Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Tuesday

Janet, Charlotte, Kate and I celebrated  Gerlinde's beautiful book and Charlotte's birthday at Gerlinde's house.  On a cold and otherwise dreary day, we sat by a cozy fire enjoying the aroma of lunch cooking in the kitchen, all the while talking about books, photography, and travel.  Hardly a whiff of politics--though we're all on the same page on that tired subject!

I always leave this group inspired to do or try (or consider trying) something entirely new.  Or to read a book or see a film I hadn't heard of before.  Or to answer a question one of us poses that needs  time and reflection to answer.  Or to ask for a recipe.

Charlotte recommended a documentary I especially want to see--as soon as I can find my iTunes password.  It's about the artist, Yayoi Kusama, and can be rented through Apple TV or iTunes.

Thought-provoking conversation, laughter, and truly yummy food--what would we do without  friendships that feed all our parts? Gerlinde, among so many other things, is an artist of hostessing!





From there, I drove to Helotes to pick up Nathan and Elena, take them to karate and dance, then out to dinner at a Chinese bistro they like.  They have now agreed they "hate" my favorite Mexican restaurant--though it was only recently that Elena gave it five-stars!


Look whose eyes are in my rearview mirror! 



I loved watching yellow belt Nathan's moves.  His sensei taught these kids while carrying and kissing his baby daughter--what a delightful sight!











No comments: