Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Nikki Giovanni

"Don't read your early poetry.  Because you'll contradict yourself.  And if you don't contradict yourself, you haven't learned anything."

Listen to this interview with the 75-year-old poet on the podcast, Death Sex and Money.  It's delightful:

https://www.wnycstudios.org/shows/deathsexmoney

I listened to this podcast yesterday driving to La Grange to meet Beverly for lunch at the wonderful and cozy Bistro 108.

Beverly and I have been friends since we were in our twenties, now we are closing in on Nikki's age. We, like Nikki, are loving this age and all its freedoms!

I came home with a list of books and movies to see, including Twentieth Century Women, starring Annette Bening--which I watched last night.  It's on Amazon and I recommend it for women who remember the 1950s and to those who don't.

No comments: