Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday

Today has been entirely self-indulgent and fun!

The yard man/shelf installer didn't make it due to the rain and cold, but in spite of the mess, the stacks of boxes waiting to find homes on nice new Elfa shelves whenever, (where would I put a dog in this chaos?), I have actually made three or four journal pages AND another small tray for a gift.

I've watched a few videos, stopped and tried the technique, or not, and watched a few more.

Among my interesting discoveries today:

1. Scribble Sticks and other cool color sticks activated by water.

2. Decoupaging tissue paper

3. A process called Dirty Pour--in which you mix up acrylics, floetrol, glue, and silicon and pour it on gessoed paper or wood or canvas, and let it swirl all over the place, willy nilly.  For this project, you need a bunch of little cups and an aluminum pan--but Lorrie Marie will show you all that on You Tube.

4. Transferring photos to canvas

5. How to apply resin for thick shiny coats.

I've also made a syllabus for the entire spring line-up of writing groups.  I've written a short essay.  I've taken my broken printer to Office Max, thought I had it fixed, but it's still not printing.  And, finally, throughout the day eaten a whole box of Tagalong Girl Scout cookies!

The trick, for me, in getting so much accomplished and having so much shameless fun is not getting dressed all day.

And not feeling guilty for my sugar transgressions.  After all, as my friend Barbel says about ice cream, it's all going to be rancid if you don't go ahead and consume it while it's fresh.






No comments: