Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Hearts Day

Well, my personal trainer is giving out valentines in first grade and I woke up so sore I can barely move--thanks to a two-hour trampoline workout yesterday.

What a beautiful day it is, today, like spring.  Happy Valentine's Day, Everybody!

I'm going to tackle these shelves today and drill those holes myself like a big girl, encouraged by Elena's words yesterday when I reminded her that I'm 70 and she's 7.  "Well, you sure don't act like you're seventy--look at you making those hoops!"

Every time either of us made a hoop, we screeched with joy (and for my hoops shock!) and said, "Yay, the crowd is cheering!"  At one point, I collapsed on the mat and begged off, at which point, she bounced me by continuing to jump (the girl never gets tired!) and then found my white hair hilarious as it was standing straight up with static.

I am not one accustomed to crowds cheering, being one of the two least athletic girls in school.  But I like it.  I'll go back for more, soon as they get back from their back-packing weekend at Lost Maples.

Will is obsessed right now with acquiring back-packing equipment and dried foods.  What can I say? It parallels my obsession with art supplies!

We talked in the driveway last night about our two current passions and how enlivening it is to start something new that we enjoy, he blogging and back-packing, me blogging and making art journal pages.

They've sold their big camper and are moving now to a closer-to-nature style of camping, and the kids are as excited as their parents.  It's fun to see them so excited about these trips they are taking.

"We buy all these houses so we can go sleep in the woods on the ground," Will said--referring to their having bought 11 or 12 fixer uppers that they're renting.

This morning he called to thank me for yesterday--he always does that--and to tell me that it meant a lot to them that we went by Nando's shop, too.  "Grandparents are so important to kids," he said.  "Mine were so instrumental in shaping me and what I love."

Here he is giving a Valentine's rose to his littlest Valentine before school:









No comments: