Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

D, too, for March 2

Delights:

Pam recommended a book to me: The Book of Delights by Ross Gay.

I loved the title so much I downloaded a sample for my Kindle, and decided last night, reading the sample, that I wanted a paper copy of the whole book to underline and savor.

It arrives tomorrow, and I'll tell you more about it when I get more than three chapters--but I think we're all going to love the honest, poetic, stream-of-consciousness style of his writing as he writes an "essayette" every day (skipping a few days) about something that brings him delight.

I'm cooking for the kids to come over tomorrow for lunch, then to Victoria's for bird and art delights. But first, Freda and Bonnie and I are heading to Helotes to look at bird baths and pottery at Papi's store, then to have my favorite Mexican food at El Chaparral's.

This promises to be a delightful day with friends, followed by another tomorrow.  I hope your weekend is filled with delights!

No comments: