Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday

Today, Pam's birthday,  has been a cloudy good day.  I joined Pam and a few of her friends, as well as her daughter Claire and family, at The Bread Box at Artisan's Alley--a good meal topped off with a yummy carrot cake--though they didn't try to fit all 72 candles atop this cute little cake.



Lita's youngest grandson, William

Lita's oldest grandson, Ben


Thursday will be Betty's birthday--a year since we celebrated her 70th in New Orleans and  and six months since we celebrated mine on Cape Cod.

Betty loves Mayor Pete as much as Kate and I do.

"I adore Mayor Pete!  He seems authentic, stunningly smart and well informed.  He gives thoughtful answers and he listens.  Mayor Pete doesn't seem to be in a hurry.  He feels both soothing and passionate, a tricky combination indeed.  After watching a Mayor Pete interview, I notice that I feel hopeful and more relaxed."




Since he happens to be gay, we imagine that Trump will have a field day hurling insults at him, but Betty and I agree he can handle it just fine.

Gerlinde recommended a book and a movie and I went to the library today to order the autobiographical trilogy:

"If any of you love beautiful words, in poetry or other fanciful tales, treat yourself to an Amazon lovely, old-fashioned movie called Cider with Rosie.  Better yet, find the exquisite book by the poet Laurie Lee called Cider with Rosie. It has been my companion for years – it is always fresh and generous-hearted and so very enjoyable. I am thrilled it was made into a movie – the setting is the old English country side, its characters so lovely!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful March and April BIRTHDAY FRIENDS, from me, standing by the river in tiny little Welfare, Texas.






No comments: