Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Last weekend in March

Yesterday Joy and I went to a reunion of Helotes friends from 20 and 30 years back.  I've been trying all day to put into words what that was like. Suffice it to say, for now, it was fine.  Everyone was friendly, we didn't get into politics or other charged topics, and it totally threw me back into memories of my years of Helotes life, raising kids, all the kids and parents celebrating birthdays together in back yards.

Afterwards, Nathan and Elena both came for a sleepover.  We did a little crafts, a little dancing, a little gymnastics, a little movie-watching--but their attention spans were shorter (for crafts) together than either one usually has when it's just one at a time.

We did some cool Gelli prints--using paint chips from Sherwin Williams that are shaped like houses.  Then we die-cut some shapes and glued them on and played a bit with stencils.  Long story short, the house looked like it had been hit with a dinosaur afterwards, the dining table and floor covered with papers and inks and stamps.

I didn't bother to clean up until I'd had myself a play with ink sprays and a successful attempt to make a book out of watercolor paper for traveling.

Nora is coming on Thursday to do some house magic, and Edward is coming tomorrow to put a new screened door on the porch, so I think I'll just let the house be (put it on the shelf, as Gerlinde says) and get a good night's sleep.

Happy Birthday today, Victoria, and tomorrow, Freda!
And Happy April, All!


No comments: